Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mowing the Lawn Analogy in a Game About Growing Grass

finally have the new model in and working
We also finished the new model and we already
 have him operating for us!
Things are going effectively, I consider. I sort of bounce among optimism and despair fairly very easily, but lately it seems to be mostly blue skies. We've got our jobs laid out neatly before us and we've created a sort of interim goal to function for that I consider is good for morale. Well, excellent for mine anyway.

Like maintaining the lines straight even though mowing the lawn, it aids to look at exactly where you are going rather than where you are. #lifeadvice

So the objective: A trailer. It makes me feel awfully vulnerable, publicly declaring my expectations. But right here they are: It'll be about a minute. A quiet, moody type of a issue that hits all the appropriate buttons. It's gotta be gorgeous. Painfully so. It is gotta show our open fields and claustrophobic caves.

So the initial step was getting the right music. Had a extended conversation with +AJ ForteSounds about how ideal to obtain this. We ran through tips. Conversation shifted from Limbo to Fez to the act of sweeping. It got sort of weird. But in the end, it was a good results. Oh man, was it a achievement. I fundamentally melted when I heard what he place together for me. I want you all to hear it, but it had much better wait til the trailer. Sorry.

We're nevertheless very a ways away from finishing the trailer. Or even beginning it. Sorry.

We've got caves to make, and platforms also. Enemies and rain. Lakes and rivers. Clouds. A fairy.

It sounds like a lot, and I guess it is a lot, but things are moving at a brilliantly satisfying pace. You will see quickly. And you know what? I can't wait to show you.

For now, you'll have to settle for a gif. This 1 shows our new grass system.

New grass system paints texture before animating

No comments:

Post a Comment