Friday, November 1, 2013

Sprout the Game and Chairs and Demos and Stuff

I feel the chair at my operate desk is causing difficulties. It really is only of these hollow metal fold-up chairs with the cross stitch of yarn for a cushion. These types of chairs are barely tolerable for an hour extended presentation but they commence to get wickedly painful after repeated nights of 5 hour operate-sessions.

Not that you need to have to know any of that. What you do need to know, even so, is that the operate is paying off. So we've got the new system hammered down into a fairly simple idea and I've had the good fortune of becoming capable to start off placing it collectively in Unity. As you can see in the beneath video, we've adopted a a lot more standard "Accurate 2D" approach to the terrain. The reasoning behind this is two-fold. Very first, it is going to make all of the art in the game significantly much less taxing on poor Murilo (not to mention on me- this sort of terrain is significantly less difficult to piece with each other). Second, it fits in much better with our new themes.


As usual, I will leave you to your own devices to deal with all the interpretation.

In the meantime, verify out the new banner (hopefully the 1st of numerous, put with each other by the a single and only @St1ka!

Sprout the Game
Sprout the Game's first banner

Also, I've decided to release the demo we made for the other engine publicly. So as soon as we get almost everything sorted on that front, you guys will be able to play our semi-playable, roughly 20 minute game-level! I confident hope you do not hate it!

For the next two weeks, we'll be working tirelessly at making a Unity-primarily based demo for the TooManyGames show in Philadelphia. If any of you are mid-Atlanteans, let me know so we can arrange some face time. I adore meeting new men and women and I especially love folks interested in Sprout!






No comments:

Post a Comment