Friday, November 1, 2013

Sprout's Tale Major Crunch Time

Oh boy. 3 days to go til T-MODE and we're not quite ready but. The level itself is halfway completed, but we still need a climbing animation and an enemy movement animation. Items are seriously heating up.

Yesterday was spent driving about to all the Arts and Crafts shops in my region asking for three inch canvas pouches. Regardless of the employee or the store, all of them had been completely incapable of understanding my request. One particular exchange went like this:

ME: Do you sell 3" canvas or cotton draw-string bags?
EMP: Like a tote bag?
ME: No, a lot smaller sized. 3 inches wide.
EMP: Like to carry items?
ME: Yes. But quite modest.
EMP: You wanted a bag right?
ME: Yes.

All of them brought me more than to the children's section exactly where I was greeted with a rainbow choice of colorful child-size tote bags. "No," I would say, "not like this. Do you have something smaller?" The answer in each and every shop was no.

Of course, I knew it was a wrong answer given that a friend had already told me they had them. So I just kept walking about until they presented themselves to me. Which they inevitably did. Right after I identified them at the initial shop it was already also late to drive the 45 minutes to the subsequent one to get them, so I began creating phone calls to essentially "reserve" these tiny factors.

So that's my evening. Pouch-shopping. Not to mention yet another late evening perched in front of my glow-screen arranging assets into a level.

Meanwhile, Matt and Murilo have been slaving away at their personal tasks. A new create going up today will give us collision polys on the tree tops and ought to make the game playable to non-English speaking computer systems. Hooray!

Murilo's been working away at an enemy animation. I had him lower the head in an work to make it seem a lot more menacing. Here they are side by side:

Appears weird with no the headbob. One more
miscalculation by yours really.
Ahead of noticing the player, this is how
 the creature will walk.




For these keeping score at home, this enemy is supposed to be a type of embodiment of guilt. I will not be explaining all the game's symbolism, but think about this a head-commence.











T-MODE is just 3 freakin days away. Send us your good vibes!

Also don't forget to stick to us on Twitter and Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment