Monday, November 4, 2013

What's Up

New terrain, that's what's up. 

This new terrain can be pieced together to very easily generate a selection of
different hunting locations.

The green here is the grass texture that spreads more than a piece
as the player walks on it and grass grows.

Besides that, it is been more of the identical right here, normally although. Dev dev dev. Time's been a tiny constrained lately, but that's about to adjust. Next Tuesday will be my final day at my "dayjob" (I will be receiving one more). So for one month, I will be cost-free to devote practically all of my time to Sprout's Tale.

Appropriate now, we're operating on the enemy and fire enemy. Mihai's come up with some truly extraordinary logic systems for defining enemy patrol paths, and they are going to work truly nicely with the Z Axis control we've added. Basically adding nodes to define a path and setting them before obstacles so the enemy can know specifically how to climb over them. It sounds perfect.

Also, I had a weird thought in the shower this morning! Maybe adding some sort of plant or flower or something that shoots poison and causes the controller to commence going wonky so that all the directional controls are randomly rearranged. Appears like anything that could make for some extremely tense scenarios.

I do not know although. I'm fairly worried about function creep. Anyway, it wouldn't go in just before the trailers prepared, given that it would be impossible to convey that sort of function in a video.

What else, what else. Story?

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.
I've got the story effectively figured. LaconicLelex gave me some really truly good framing tips a whilst back that I've put to good work. He employed Land Before Time as the example and explained how the starting of a visual story demands to be bright and wonderful and wowing. Then the darkness (and poor Tiny Foot's mom wants to bite it) so that the player/viewer feels they are working to get anything back. Then brighten it up small by tiny as the player tends to make progress and - boom, explosions of colour.

Sounds like one thing I would like to play.

One issue I've struggled with from the get go is generating certain the player is getting a genuine sense of accomplishment out of the different aspects of the game. Developing a tree and covering a landscape in grass may possibly appear fairly, but I need the player to really feel like it is something he/she has personally achieved.

I'm really still possessing trouble there. I feel I need to have far more sparkle on the grass and some little tinkly chime sounds. Anyway, I will get there.

This was an unusually long entry. If you actually made it to the really bottom right here then you are a true hero and I market you to Blog Reader Rank 7, Regal Dragon Knight Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment