Friday, November 8, 2013

Puzzles

Nothing new to show nowadays, but I may well as properly update you and let you know what's going on.

We're a handful of days away from having a completed engine that we can stroll around in

We've all but perfected our character design and style (minus some bothersome concerns with the feet)

And we've got a ton of new puzzles developed.

I have to say, the entire process of designing puzzles is pretty trying. Essentially, in a side-scroller, the nature of each and every puzzle is precisely the very same: figure out a way to pass an obstacle. In the early days, I had taken that a tiny bit too actually, and I ended up designing dozens of puzzles that all echoes "jump more than this" and "move that."

The puzzles in this early level layout concept image, although largely not visible, almost all consisted of "jump"or "move" answers.
It wasn't until lately that I was hunting more than my old level layout and realized how speedily a player would get bored.

Because then, I've place in a lot of work and what tiny brain energy I have to making some new events that offer you bigger variety than just the place and shape of the obstacle. However, each new item signifies a bigger burden for our programmer, but I guess that's just the way factors go in the tragic planet of Indie Game Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment