Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sprout's Tale Over the Weekend

He runs, we function.
A busy weekend for Sprout's Tale! And it is just going to get busier. As we ramp up production in preparation for T-MODE, every of us finds our plate to be exceedingly full. Matt spent the entire weekend reworking components of the engine to permit for a smoother grass breeze impact, and a way to repair some of the difficulties we had been possessing with vines.

I'm content to report he was incredibly successful. He also implemented the new jump animation, code for climbing (no animation yet), fixed the tree growth speed, added in all of our new sound effects, and typically just tightened almost everything up.

Murilo and I worked late last night attempting to come up with the style for our initial principal enemy. It proved a lot more challenging than I thought. In my head and on paper, the enemy style has gone through a lot of revisions. Initially nothing much more than a handful of mutated plants, they started to take on a much deeper, heavier meaning as I checked myself to make confident the game stayed true to its source inspiration. We went from mutant plants to emaciated humans to skeletons to giants to blobs of poo-like substance.

We settled on the following. It is just an early concept, so it'll probably adjust a bit prior to we get it in, but it must give a fairly great idea of what to anticipate.

Sprout's Tale first official enemy design and style!
I'm genuinely happy with it. Blending the light imagery of the major game with some darker overtones like this has constantly been a component of the strategy, and I'm glad it managed to manifest itself in such a profound way. I can't wait to get this guy into the game. T-MODE is in just 11 quick days.

This week I'll be generating some quite cool custom swag for Sprout's Tale awareness at T-MODE and I will be redoing all the layer masks on the terrain so we don't get wonky grass expanding in goofy places. 

Remain tuned, a video is really quite probably soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment