Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The news, the noose

What a dramatic title this week! I admit, 50% of that title is just the reality that I realized noose and news sound sort of the exact same. This post actually will have nothing at all to do with literal nooses.

Figurative nooses, on the other hand, is a diverse story. Things have been actually tight for us lately, with day-jobs for Matt, Murilo, and me fully taking more than our lives. Extended hours with tiny rest and then we get residence and each and every try to force issues forward on our front.

Because of that circumstance, we went via a long period with reasonably little acquire and what I would say had to be the slowest period of Sprout improvement because day 1. Suddenly our switch to Unity seemed bleak. I continued developing when the hours allowed it, but largely I identified myself falling asleep at my desk.

Reluctantly, then, I started to consider the most logical next step. Bringing on a fourth member. A fourth full-time member with a lot of knowledge in Unity. It was a hard selection for various causes, but ultimately I think I produced the right choice when I accepted and was honored by Ashley Ross' (Rossy) offer to help us.

Rossy not only has a lot of Unity knowledge, but he has a complete game under his belt- a side-scroller constructed with the Unity engine known as Dot.Stop.Run. Although it is still in Beta (only 4 levels so far) you can find the game on Desura and Google Play. Here's the trailer:


Sneak peak gameplay video - Desura

So Rossy's been with us for about a week now and currently we're seeing massive progress in organization and coding. He actually reorganized our entire Drive, something I had seriously been starting to think about starting to plan on doing eventually.

We've also got grass growth in now and trees will come shortly. We're only a handful of methods away from acquiring back to what we are now calling the "prototype" version built on XNA. It's nice to start feeling the buzz and power once more.

It appears like we're back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment